Bombardier Launches Smart Services Elite, Enhancing Its Cost-Per-Flight-Hour Offerings
Bombardier, a global leader in aviation, has unveiled its latest addition to the industry-leading cost-per-flight-hour programs: Smart Services Elite. This new program is designed to give business aircraft customers unparalleled budget predictability for essential aircraft parts and maintenance costs.
- Smart Services Elite Features: The program stands out as the only cost-per-flight-hour initiative that encompasses cabin system components, landing gear overhaul, both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and support from the Mobile Response Team (MRT).
- A Tradition of Excellence: Bombardier's Smart Services programs have a proven track record, with over 1,600 Bombardier aircraft enrolled, representing more than 10 million flight hours.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The Smart Services Elite program offers a holistic approach to maintenance costs, covering major components such as aircraft systems components and landing gear overhaul. It includes parts shipping, technical publications, technical support, a guaranteed flight-hour rate throughout the term, and MRT coverage.
- A Word from the Executives: Paul Sislian, Executive Vice President, Aftermarket Services & Strategy at Bombardier, highlighted the program as the ultimate solution for budget predictability and cost protection. He emphasized the added value and peace of mind that customers receive with services not covered by previous cost-per-flight-hour offerings.
- Inflation-Proof Pricing: One of the standout features of the Smart Services Elite program is its fixed yearly rate, ensuring customers have clarity and predictability when it comes to program pricing.
- Available for New Purchasers: New aircraft owners can also benefit from the Smart Services Elite program, offering them a streamlined and efficient maintenance cost protection experience from the outset of their purchase.
About Bombardier: Bombardier is a renowned name in the aviation sector, known for designing, manufacturing, and servicing some of the world's most exceptional business jets. With a fleet of approximately 5,000 aircraft worldwide, Bombardier's Challenger and Global aircraft families have set benchmarks in innovation, cabin design, performance, and reliability. The company has a robust customer support network, with facilities strategically located across the globe, ensuring top-notch service for the Learjet, Challenger, and Global families of aircraft.Advertising
For more information on Bombardier's initiatives, including their commitment to Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) and other corporate news, visit bombardier.com. Further insights into Bombardier’s industry-leading products and customer service network can be found at businessaircraft.bombardier.com.