American Airlines Achieves Record Fundraising for Stand Up To Cancer Campaign
FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines has announced a record-breaking achievement in its annual fundraising campaign with Stand Up To Cancer® (SU2C). The airline raised nearly $4 million dedicated to pioneering and life-saving cancer research. This marks the most substantial fundraising campaign since the airline began its partnership with SU2C in 2016.
- Collaborative Efforts: American Airlines has generated more than $20 million in support of SU2C throughout their seven-year alliance. The organization is renowned for promoting scientific advancements by financing collaborative, multidisciplinary cancer research teams and specialists.
- A United Front: Ron DeFeo, American Airlines Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, expressed gratitude towards the airline's team members and customers for their overwhelming support. He emphasized the significant impact that can be achieved when individuals unite in the battle against cancer.
- Bonus Incentives: From the commencement of the campaign on August 19, customers were rewarded with 25 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage® miles for every dollar they donated. Furthermore, in collaboration with Mastercard, donors who utilized their American Airlines AAdvantage® Mastercard® credit card for their contributions received 50 bonus AAdvantage® miles for each dollar, applicable to donations up to $3 million.
- Support Beyond Fundraising: In addition to the financial campaign, American Airlines showcased its support for SU2C through various events. This included participation in the eighth SU2C biennial roadblock televised fundraising special, on-field recognitions at Texas Rangers and Chicago Cubs baseball games, and placard moments to honor those affected by cancer.
- Gratitude from SU2C: Rusty Robertson, SU2C co-founder, expressed deep appreciation for the unwavering support from American Airlines and its customers. He emphasized donors' pivotal role in advancing their mission and expressed optimism for future collaborative milestones.
For those interested in learning more about American Airlines' philanthropic endeavors, further details can be found at aa.com/letgoodtakeflight.
About American Airlines Group: American Airlines Group Inc. is committed to caring for people on their life's journey. The company's shares are traded on the Nasdaq under the AAL ticker and are also a part of the S&P 500. For more insights into American Airlines' latest developments, visit news.aa.com