Lufthansa Airlines Broadens Its Horizons with New U.S. Routes in Summer 2024
Lufthansa Airlines has announced an expansion of its flight services from Frankfurt and Munich to the U.S. for the summer of 2024, introducing three new connections. This move will increase Lufthansa's U.S. destinations to a total of 27, marking a significant growth compared to pre-COVID times.Advertising
New Destinations from Frankfurt:
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: Starting June 4, 2024, Lufthansa will operate flights five times a week throughout the year to Minneapolis. Situated on the Mississippi river, Minneapolis offers a blend of urban sophistication and outdoor adventures, including national parks and the mesmerizing northern lights.
- Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina: Beginning June 6, 2024, Lufthansa will introduce flights to Raleigh-Durham, five times a week year-round. This addition complements the airline's existing service to Charlotte, North Carolina. Raleigh-Durham, home to several German business branches, offers an optimal connection for business travelers to Germany and Lufthansa's global network.
Additionally, Hyderabad, India, which was introduced in the winter schedule, will continue to be served with five weekly flights in the summer of 2024.
New Destinations from Munich:
- Seattle, Washington: From May 30, 2024, Lufthansa's Airbus A350 will commence daily flights to Seattle, complementing the existing daily service from Frankfurt. This addition effectively doubles the flight frequencies to Seattle.
- Hong Kong: With travel restrictions easing, Lufthansa will reintroduce several weekly flights to Hong Kong in the summer schedule.
- Johannesburg, South Africa: After nearly two decades, Johannesburg returns to Lufthansa's Munich schedule. Starting June 3, 2024, the Airbus A350 will operate thrice weekly flights to this South African destination.
Furthermore, Bangalore, India, will continue to be served with up to six weekly flights through the summer of 2024.Advertising
A380 Expansion:Lufthansa is set to double its A380 destinations next summer. From Munich, the Airbus A380 will serve five routes, including the return of Boston, Los Angeles, and New York (JFK). New additions include Washington, D.C., and Delhi. By 2025, Lufthansa plans to have eight Airbus A380s stationed in Munich.
With these new routes and expanded services, Lufthansa continues to strengthen its global network, offering passengers more travel options and enhancing connectivity between continents.