Emirates Revolutionizes Inflight Services with Apple Technology
Dubai, UAE, 12 Oct 2023: In a significant move towards enhancing inflight services, Emirates has unveiled its 'One Device' strategy, integrating Apple products to empower its cabin crew. As part of this initiative, all 20,000 Emirates Cabin Crew will be equipped with either an iPhone 13 or an iPad Air, each loaded with custom Emirates apps designed to optimize passenger service onboard and elevate the overall crew experience.
The airline has already invested over AED 32 million in this initiative, with more than 7,000 crew members currently using iPhones across 450 daily flights worldwide. In the upcoming months, an additional 5,000 crew members will be provided with these Apple devices, enriched with new apps and features.Advertising
These custom-built applications, designed after extensive research and feedback from cabin crew, aim to enhance the user experience. One such app streamlines the meal order-taking process in Business Class, ensuring prompt and accurate service. It also allows the crew to view each passenger's profile, including their Skywards status. Another app provides real-time roster and flight information, seat changes, upgrades, and an overview of the onboard crew. This 360-degree view of passengers enables the crew to offer a highly personalized service, even detailing preferences like dining choices and loungewear sizes from previous flights.
The 'One Device' strategy also prioritizes cabin crew performance and safety. Crew members can access 24/7 global support, including assistance from a team of experts at Emirates' Dubai hub and Apple Support. They can also refer to updated operational manuals and benefit from continuous education through micro-learning on their devices. Furthermore, the devices come with features like fast charging, extended battery life, and top-tier security measures to protect both customer and crew data.
This initiative is further bolstered by an experience zone at Emirates Headquarters in Dubai, offering a 24/7 support center for the cabin crew. This hub addresses hardware and software issues, provides application support, and even caters to accessory needs.
- Emirates introduces the 'One Device' strategy, deploying Apple products to its cabin crew.
- Custom-built apps on these devices aim to enhance passenger service and the overall crew experience.
- The initiative emphasizes performance, safety, and continuous learning for the cabin crew.
Questions for Consideration:
- How might the integration of technology, especially from brands like Apple, shape the future of inflight services in the aviation industry?
- In what ways can airlines further leverage technology to enhance the passenger experience onboard?
- How will the continuous education and support provided to the cabin crew impact the overall service quality and safety standards of airlines?