WestJet Launches Regina's Only Year-Round Transborder Service to Minneapolis
Regina, Saskatchewan - WestJet has announced a new, year-round, daily service connecting Regina to Minneapolis, starting April 28, 2024. This launch marks a significant development in Regina's air travel connectivity, offering the city's first year-round transborder service since 2016. The new route is part of WestJet's 2024 summer schedule and is the second direct route from Saskatchewan to the Midwest United States, following the Saskatoon to Minneapolis service launched earlier this year.Advertising
Enhancing Regional Connectivity and Economic Growth
Jared Mikoch-Gerke, WestJet Director of Alliances & Airport Affairs, expressed excitement about the new service, emphasizing its role in supporting the economic growth of Regina and the surrounding area. The service is expected to unlock new business and leisure travel opportunities, contributing to the region's development.
Flight Schedule Details
The service between Regina and Minneapolis will operate daily with the following schedule:
- Regina to Minneapolis: Departure at 8:15 a.m., arrival at 11:16 a.m.
- Minneapolis to Regina: Departure at 1:15 p.m., arrival at 2:36 p.m.
Delta Codeshare Partnership
Travelers flying beyond Minneapolis will benefit from WestJet's partnership with Delta Air Lines. This collaboration offers codeshare flights to over 70 connecting destinations, accessible with just one stop from Regina. The partnership also allows guests to earn and redeem WestJet Rewards on both airlines and enjoy top-tier frequent flyer benefits throughout their journey.
Community and Government Support
The new route has garnered support from various stakeholders:
- Jeremy Harrison, Minister of Trade and Export Development, highlighted the route's role in increasing Saskatchewan's competitiveness and supporting the business community.
- James Bogusz, President & CEO of the Regina Airport Authority, acknowledged the community's desire for year-round service to a major U.S. hub and the economic impact of this new route.
- Mayor Sandra Masters of Regina thanked WestJet for reintroducing the service, noting its potential to facilitate travel and communication between key business hubs and attract new talent to the region.
WestJet's introduction of daily service from Regina to Minneapolis is a milestone in enhancing transborder connectivity for Saskatchewan. This service is poised to drive economic growth and provide convenient travel options for both business and leisure travelers in the region.