Sunwing Airlines Launches Winter Season with Strong Operational Performance
Toronto, Canada - Sunwing Airlines has successfully commenced its 2023-2024 winter season, transporting nearly 100,000 customers to tropical destinations in the first half of November. The airline, known for its vacation packages, has reported a robust operational performance, with 100% of its flights successfully completed during this period.Advertising
Operational Enhancements and Strategic Partnerships
Sunwing Airlines has made significant investments over the past year to enhance its operational readiness for the peak winter season. These improvements include:
- Increased Staffing: The airline has hired additional pilots and cabin crew to support winter operations and manage irregular operations, such as inclement weather events. This includes added reserve coverage for more remote regions in Canada.
- Fortified Operations Control Centre: Several new positions have been added across network operations, along with increased administrative roles within the airline.
- Enhanced Flight Alert System: Sunwing has improved its system to provide customers with more timely and consistent communication regarding flight disruptions.
- Service Letter Agreements: The airline has enhanced its service letter agreements with key service providers to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Wet Lease Agreements: Sunwing is operating five aircraft on a wet lease basis with WestJet and several aircraft with Smartwings to further support its operational needs during the winter.
Len Corrado, President of Sunwing Airlines, expressed pride in the airline's enhanced operational readiness and anticipates a record season that could surpass pre-pandemic travel numbers.
Sunwing Vacations Group's Strong Start
Andrew Dawson, President of Sunwing Vacations Group, noted the impressive number of bookings for vacation packages and customers traveling in the first half of November. The company announced its initial winter schedule in July 2023, which included significant capacity growth over the previous winter season. This expansion offers more travel options to popular destinations like Cuba, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic. New packages from Toronto and Montreal to Cuban destinations such as Cienfuegos and Manzanillo de Cuba have been introduced. Additionally, Sunwing Vacations customers can expect more vacation options for destinations in Pacific Mexico, including Los Cabos, Mazatlán, and Puerto Vallarta, as well as increased travel options to Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic.
Sunwing Guarantee and Customer Benefits
Customers booking with Sunwing Vacations receive the Sunwing Guarantee, which includes the first bag checked for free, complimentary NexusTours airport transfers in destination for packages with flights on Sunwing Airlines, and additional perks and inclusions.
About Sunwing Vacations
As Canada's leading tour operator, Sunwing Vacations offers an extensive range of vacation packages to the U.S.A., Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America. The company's scale enables it to provide exclusive deals at top-rated resorts in popular vacation destinations. Sunwing Vacations customers benefit from the assistance of NexusTours, their knowledgeable destination management partner. For more information, visit Sunwing.ca.