NBAA-BACE Sustainability Summit 2023: A Focus on Decarbonization and Innovative Technologies
Washington, DC, Oct. 11, 2023 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is set to host the 2023 Business Aviation Sustainability Summit in Las Vegas. The summit aims to bring together industry leaders to discuss the ongoing efforts towards decarbonization, explore transformational technologies for reducing emissions, and address the industry's challenges in achieving net-zero emissions.
Scheduled for October 17-18, the summit will be a significant part of the 2023 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), which will be held at the Las Vegas Convention and Henderson Executive Airport.
The business aviation sector is at the forefront of adopting low-carbon technologies. The emphasis is on Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) and exploring innovative propulsion systems, including electric, hybrid, and hydrogen technologies. The industry is also progressing with the development of advanced air mobility transport.
Key highlights of the summit include:
- A panel discussion on young professionals' pivotal role in achieving environmental goals in the aviation sector. Time: 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- An invitation-only Newsmakers Luncheon focusing on the future of hybrid and electric flight. Time: 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- A session on the rapid development of Advanced Air Mobility technologies and their benefits to communities. Time: 2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
- An exclusive Newsmakers Luncheon with government and business leaders discussing the roadmap to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. Time: 12 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
- A panel discussion on the potential impact of environmental policies from regions like Europe and the U.S. on the aviation industry. Time: 1 p.m.–2 p.m.
- A session on the groundwork for on-demand air mobility, covering infrastructure, in-flight navigation, and community perception. Time: 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- A "Fact vs. Fiction" panel aims to clarify environmental sustainability aspects and effective communication strategies. Time: 4 p.m.–5 p.m.
In line with the summit's theme, aircraft arriving at Las Vegas’ three airports for NBAA-BACE will have the option to use SAF, which can significantly reduce net carbon emissions. NBAA is also taking strides to make the event one of the most sustainable trade shows in the industry. This includes initiatives to manage waste responsibly, shift from plastic to aluminum water bottles, and purchase carbon offsets to counterbalance emissions generated by the convention.
NBAA continues to encourage participants and suppliers to commit to sustainability efforts, emphasizing the reduction of carbon emissions, sustainable procurement decisions, and waste management.
Founded in 1947, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) represents over 10,000 company and professional members. It offers the business aviation community a wide range of services, including hosting NBAA-BACE, the world's largest civil aviation trade show.