Delta and Aeromexico Boost Transborder Seat Offering by Over 30%
In a significant move to enhance transborder flying options, Delta and Aeromexico have announced a strategic expansion of their partnership. This collaboration is set to increase the transborder seat offering by more than 30% in the coming year.
- Expansion Plans for 2024: Aeromexico is gearing up to introduce 17 new routes from seven airports in Mexico. These routes will connect to nine destinations in the U.S. This expansion is facilitated by the addition of over 50 new aircraft to Aeromexico's fleet in the past two years.
- Increased Frequencies: By July 2024, Aeromexico aims to operate nearly 60 daily frequencies to the U.S., marking a 35% increase in departures from 2023. This expansion will cover 36 U.S. markets. Concurrently, Delta plans to operate 34 daily frequencies to seven different Mexican destinations by July 2024.
- Joint Cooperation Agreement (JCA) Impact: The Delta-Aeromexico JCA is poised to offer over 90 daily flights between Mexico and the U.S. across nearly 60 routes. This move underscores the alliance's commitment to bridging the two nations with a robust network and top-tier products and services.
- New Routes: The specific itineraries and ticket sales for the new routes operated by Aeromexico will be unveiled in stages, subject to government approvals.
- Fleet Renewal: Aeromexico's ability to increase routes and frequencies is attributed to its fleet renewal, which includes adding more than 50 new aircraft, predominantly Boeing 737MAX.
- Felipe Angeles International Airport (AIFA) Growth: Aeromexico has previously announced its plans to operate over 1,000 monthly flights at AIFA starting in October. This will also see the addition of two new U.S. routes from AIFA.
- Commitment to Excellence: Delta and Aeromexico are dedicated to leading the trans-border air market,the largest in the world. Their partnership has consistently focused on offering aligned products and services to ensure an unparalleled customer experience. These services include seamless check-in powered by SkyTeam technology, free onboard messaging via Wi-Fi, and consistent luggage policies.
About Delta and Aeromexico:
The Joint Cooperation Agreement (JCA) between Delta Air Lines and Aeromexico has established the foremost transborder airline alliance between the U.S. and Mexico. This alliance, which has been in place for 21 years under the SkyTeam global airline alliance, offers enhanced connectivity and scheduling options for customers. Delta serves the U.S. through its hubs in cities like Atlanta, Los Angeles, and New York-JFK, while Aeromexico provides extensive access to Mexico via its Mexico City hub. Both airlines are committed to elevating the customer experience through increased connectivity, investments in boarding gates, VIP lounges, and benefits through SkyMiles and Aeromexico Rewards accruals.