American Airlines Launches AAdvantage Business: A Dual Reward System for Companies and Travelers
In a recent development, American Airlines has unveiled its new business loyalty program, AAdvantage Business™. This initiative stands out as it offers rewards to both companies and their travelers when they book business travel through the airline's official website or app.
Key Features of AAdvantage Business™:
- Dual Earning System: Companies will accrue AAdvantage® miles, while their business travelers will gain additional Loyalty Points, expediting their journey to AAdvantage status.
- Exclusive to American: American Airlines is currently the sole U.S. airline to offer a business loyalty program that facilitates quicker status attainment for travelers.
- Digital Management: The program is entirely digital, simplifying travel management and ensuring access to the airline’s most competitive fares and services.
Scott Laurence, American’s Senior Vice President of Partnerships and Retailing, commented on the launch, stating, "American has developed a unique offering. Our aim is to reward both our corporate clients and the individual traveler. This program is designed to provide extensive rewards and tools that cater to all parties involved."
How AAdvantage Business™ Operates:
- The program is tailored for businesses with a minimum of five employees. There's no minimum spending threshold for companies to start accumulating miles.
- For every dollar spent on qualifying business travel, companies earn 1 AAdvantage mile. These miles can be redeemed for travel, hotel stays, car rentals, and more. Concurrently, individual travelers earn 1 Loyalty Point for every dollar spent, which contributes to their AAdvantage member status. These Loyalty Points are supplementary to any miles or points they earn as regular AAdvantage members.
Additional Benefits with CitiBusiness®/AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®:
Companies that opt for the CitiBusiness®/AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® can amass rewards at an accelerated rate. New cardmembers will earn double the miles for their company on all eligible American Airlines purchases. Additionally, they will receive an extra Loyalty Point towards their AAdvantage® status for every dollar spent using their business card. The card also offers benefits like the first checked bag free on domestic American Airlines routes and preferred boarding.Advertising
For a limited duration, businesses that apply and get approved for the card can earn a bonus of 75,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles after a spend of $6,000 within the initial six months of account opening.
Pam Habner, CEO of U.S. Branded Cards and Lending at Citi, expressed her enthusiasm about the continued collaboration with American Airlines, emphasizing the card's role in enhancing the rewards for everyday business operations.
Booking Experience and Tools:
AAdvantage Business™ also offers a suite of online tools for efficient business travel management, including reporting, traveler management, and duty of care. The program ensures a seamless booking experience, allowing travel managers and travelers to monitor business trips in a unified portal.
For more details about the AAdvantage Business™ program, interested companies can visit the official American Airlines website.