Aeroplan's Record-Breaking Points Matching Week: 67 Million Points Raised for Hospital Care Access
MONTREAL, Oct. 24, 2023 – In a remarkable display of generosity and collaboration, Aeroplan's annual Points Matching Week has shattered previous records, amassing a staggering 67.7 million points this year. These points, dedicated to the Air Canada Foundation Hospital Transportation Program, will significantly aid families across Canada, ensuring their children receive specialized medical treatment.
Highlights from the Initiative:
- Unprecedented Success: This year's Points Matching Week has seen an exponential growth from raising 2M points annually to a whopping 67.7M points, marking the most successful campaign in the program's two-decade history.
- Impactful Outcome: With the points garnered during this initiative, the Hospital Transportation Program is poised to assist approximately 700 families, based on the average points utilized for flights in 2023.
- Broad Spectrum Support: The points will directly benefit 15 pediatric hospitals across Canada, ensuring that children receive the medical attention they require, even if it's away from their homes.
- A Milestone Year: Celebrating its 20th anniversary, the Air Canada Foundation's Hospital Transportation Program has been a beacon of hope for countless families. The program's success this year, especially with the involvement of Aeroplan partners, has added a golden feather to its cap.
- Stakeholder Insights: Valérie Durand, spokesperson for the Air Canada Foundation, expressed immense gratitude towards the Aeroplan partners and members for their unparalleled generosity. Mark Nasr, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Digital at Air Canada, and President of Aeroplan, also lauded the efforts, emphasizing the role of partners like TD, CIBC, and the Avis Budget Group in making this initiative a grand success.
- About the Program: Since its inception in 2003, the Hospital Transportation Program has been a lifeline for many, connecting children to essential medical care. In 2022 alone, the program facilitated 226 flights, helping 179 children and their families.
Aeroplan's Points Matching Week has once again underscored the power of collective effort and the profound impact it can have on society. As the aviation industry continues to navigate through challenging times, such initiatives reiterate the sector's commitment to community welfare and social responsibility.